Calon Cymru Fostering is an established foster agency, with offices in Carmarthen and Cardiff. Our dedicated team of social workers and head office staff provide the invaluable support that our foster carers need in order to provide a stable home for local vulnerable children.
Current Job Vacancies:
Referrals Administrator – Social Care | Full Time 37.5 hours a week | Cardiff Based | £15,000 – £15,500 per annum
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly skilled Referrals Administrator to support the Placement Officer in securing new referrals for the organisation. We are looking for someone who possesses excellent interpersonal skills and negotiation skills with the ability to work under pressure and operate flexibly.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To proactively promote the organisation’s services, ensuring that referrals are responded to in a professional manner within tight timescales. The primary function of the role is to secure new business for the organisation.
- To receive and respond to referrals in a professional and timely manner.
- To be pro-active and self-motivated, taking responsibility for the referrals function within the region.
- To actively promote the organisations services ensuring that customers are aware of the quality of the services that are offered.
- To develop relationships with Local Authority colleagues ensuring that the agency is regarded as the service of choice.
- To develop relationships with the organisation’s foster carers ensuring that opportunities for matching referrals with foster carers are maximised.
- To ensure all referrals and placements are processed efficiently in liaison with social work personnel and that matching considerations are adhered to as stipulated in regulatory and business requirements, together with the completion of relevant paperwork.
- To contribute towards the production of effective and accurate marketing materials ensuring that opportunities to market the organisation’s services are maximised.
- To provide clear statistical information as required.
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications.
- To attend meetings, internal and external as required by the Line Manager.
- To liaise and report on a regular basis with immediate Line Manager and Social Work managers to ensure adequate admin support and consistency of placements, advising any concerns or issues.
- Regularly audit monitoring systems reporting findings to Line Manager.
- To be proactive in working towards and beyond the expectations of internal / external inspections and the agency.
- Be aware of and work towards up-to-date guidance and statutory regulations in relation to the effective administration of the Agency.
- Work within deadlines and respond in a flexible way to the changing demands of the agency’s work.
- Work within the provisions of the Data Protection Act, observing strict confidentiality in relation to all aspects of work undertaken.
- Respond sensitively and professionally in supporting and maintaining good relationships with colleagues and all contacts who work in partnership with the agency.
- To be aware of and work within the Company’s health and safety policies, relating to the working environment and building security, reporting any issues promptly to immediate Line Manager.
- To contribute to a risk assessment around the use of equipment, particularly VDU’s, and to ensure they are regularly reviewed.
- To be aware of equal opportunities issues and to work positively towards anti-discriminatory and anti-racist practice.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training as provided internally by the company or externally subject to approval and as agreed with your Line Manager.
- To provide cover in the absence of other referrals staff.
Safeguarding is everybody’s business. The welfare and safeguarding of children and young people should be of paramount consideration, whatever your role or level of responsibility is within the organisation. All employees, panel members, independent workers and volunteers are required to ensure compliance with the company’s guidance and policy on safeguarding and are required to attend Safeguarding training appropriate to their level of responsibility.
If you wish to apply please send your CV to Gemma.Nicholls@caloncymrufostering.co.uk and an Application Form will be sent to you to complete.
“I’ve been here for over 18 years, that says it all really! I love to work in an environment where you feel you are making a difference to a child’s life.”
Barrie, Recruitment Manager