Calon Cymru Fostering is an established foster agency, with offices in Carmarthen and Cardiff. Our dedicated team of social workers and head office staff provide the invaluable support that our foster carers need in order to provide a stable home for local vulnerable children.
Current Job Vacancies:
Supervising Social Worker |Permanent | Full time – 37.50 hours a week | Monday to Friday| Carmarthen (Predominantly Covering North Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion).
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and skilled social worker to work with both specialist and mainstream placements. To manage a caseload of up to 12 carers (FTE), and work within a dedicated team to improve the outcomes and lives of looked after children.
- Being involved in the recruitment campaign for the programme foster carers.
- The recruitment, assessment and approval of foster carers.
- Supporting foster carers in the delivery of the specialist service programmes plus our mainstream placements
- Supervising foster carers in accordance with Welsh Fostering Regulations.
- Guide and support foster carers in understanding the developmental trauma needs of children, and how carers need to respond and care for the children who will present with challenging behaviours.
- Working closely with the Foster Carers, the team managers, the team and other professionals to deliver a high-quality service.
Foster Carer and Placement Support and Supervision:
- Deliver supervision, support and development opportunities to a target number of Foster Carers across the region within the agency’s established framework and required standard.
- Undertake the necessary placement management, planning and intervention to achieve and maintain an 80% occupancy rate across the Foster Carer Team.
- Ensure that children’s care and development needs are met as identified within the Care and support plan.
- Undertake direct work as necessary, coordinating the activities of Placement Support Workers/Sessional Workers/Outreach Workers and others, to further the outcomes for children and young people in placement.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local Commissioning and Social Work Teams which further the agency’s partnership arrangements. Provide to each Local Authority, regular monitoring information, including child progress reports or reports for CLA reviews
- Participate in the ‘out of office hours’ duty system providing telephone support to Foster Carers and attend the Carers home in the event of an emergency.
Foster Carer Recruitment:
- To work with the Recruitment Manager in ensuring that recruitment of foster carers meets the needs of the fostering service.
- To assist in any recruitment campaigns when requested
- To interview and assess suitable foster carers for the service.
- Undertake Form F assessments to a high quality
- To support the approval of foster carers for the service via the relevant panel.
Foster Carer Training:
- To assist in the delivery of training and support groups
- To provide or co-ordinate mandatory training to foster carers.
- To identify and provide any further training to foster carers.
- Promote open and regular communication with all internal and external customers and stakeholders to further the aims, objectives and purpose of the agency.
- Ensure all documentation is completed to the required standard and timescale, including paperless recording, IT diary and notifications.
- Maintain communication and workload planning systems, ensuring that key information is updated and communicated regularly to the appropriate individuals.
Management Information and Reporting
- Undertake regular self-audits of record keeping and report as necessary.
- Provide regular updates, with regards to children placed and inform management of any concerns
It is the nature of Calon Cymru Fostering that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff, therefore, are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description must be undertaken. Any other duties will be dependent upon the post holder’s areas of expertise, knowledge and skills and regarding the level of responsibility afforded to the post.
The Post Holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
The Post Holder will be expected to ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
The Post Holder will be expected to ensure to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices.
The Post Holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy.
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter to Joe.Rhys-Jones@caloncymrufostering.co.uk
Form F Assessors |Carmarthenshire
|Pembrokeshire | Swansea | Neath Port Talbot
We are often looking for independent assessors to work with our foster carers during the assessment process. You will need to be a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Care Wales – experience of completing Form Fs to a high standard. Generous rates offered. Requirements for the role:
- A qualified social worker
- Three years post qualification experience
- Registered for Social Care Wales
- Experience in completing Form F assessments
- Your own transport and to be willing to travel
- To pass statutory and company checks
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter to Barrie.Lewis@caloncymrufostering.co.uk
“I’ve been here for over 18 years, that says it all really! I love to work in an environment where you feel you are making a difference to a child’s life.”
Barrie, Recruitment Manager