Calon Cymru Fostering is an established foster agency, with offices in Carmarthen and Cardiff. Our dedicated team of social workers and head office staff provide the invaluable support that our foster carers need in order to provide a stable home for local vulnerable children.
Current Job Vacancies:
Independent Panel Member | Cardiff Based
We are looking for Panel Members to take part in our Foster Carer Panels. Our Panel meets once per month, and Panel Members do not need to be available for every Panel. In particular, we’re interested in Panel Members who have experience of living in foster care and / or a background in children’s mental health. If you think this could be for you, read on for more information!
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To read Panel papers thoroughly before the meeting, documenting evidence on the pro-forma supplied.
- To attend Panel prepared to contribute to discussion and the making of a recommendation.
- To attend the Panels which have been agreed between yourself and the Agency.
- To address diversity issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice.
- To maintain confidentiality of all Calon Cymru Fostering information.
- To participate in induction and Panel training, which will be at least once per year.
- To participate constructively in an annual appraisal of performance.
- To comply with Agency policy and procedure in relation to Panel matters.
Safeguarding is everybody’s business. The welfare and safeguarding of children and young people should be of paramount consideration, whatever your role or level of responsibility is within the organisation. All employees, panel members, independent workers and volunteers are required to ensure compliance with the company’s guidance and policy on safeguarding and are required to attend Safeguarding training appropriate to their level of responsibility.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV to Debbie.Fisher@caloncymrufostering.co.uk and an Application Form will be sent to you to complete, alternatively please call 02920 811173 and ask for an application form to be sent to you. If you would like an informal discussion about the role, prior to applying, please contact Huw Binding, Panel Adviser.
Supervising Social Worker | Cardiff Based | £32,000 pa (dependent on experience)| 37.5 Hours a Week | Permanent
Calon Cymru Fostering are looking for qualified and experienced Social Workers with the enthusiasm, independence and skill to join the team managing a caseload of up to 10 carers. You will work within a dedicated team to improve the outcome and lives of looked after children. You will work closely with the Foster Carers, Clinical Practitioners and members of the Clinical Team to ensure co-ordinated implementation of treatment care plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver supervision, support and development opportunities to a target number of Foster Carers across the region within the agency’s established framework and required standard.
- Undertake the necessary placement management, planning and intervention to achieve and maintain an 80% occupancy rate across the Foster Carer Team.
- Ensure all documentation is completed to the required standard and timescale, including paperless recording, IT diary and notifications.
- Ensure that children’s care and development needs are met within placements.
- Undertake parenting assessments, present to court where required.
- Participate in the ‘out of office hours’ duty system providing telephone support to Foster Carers.
- To interview and assess suitable foster carers for the service including completion of relevant reports.
- To provide or co-ordinate mandatory training to foster carers.
- Undertake performance and target reviews with the Director on a regular basis. Contribute to regional development plans.
- Undertake regular self-audits of record keeping and report as necessary.
- Provide regular updates, activity plans, placement and business development trends, to the Senior Management Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree/GSCC registration/PQ award and current HCPC registration.
- A minimum of 1 years post qualifying experience in children’s services/ foster care delivery.
- Ability to supervise and support a small staff team.
- Ability to manage and support foster carers.
- Experience of assessing and supervising foster carers is desirable.
- Full clean driver’s licence and supply own vehicle.
Please apply with your CV and an application form will be emailed out to you should you pass the first screening stage.
Applicants must be a qualified Social Worker, be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS, and have a full drivers licence.
Please send CV’s to Colin Beardsley
“I’ve been here for over 18 years, that says it all really! I love to work in an environment where you feel you are making a difference to a child’s life.”
Barrie, Recruitment Manager