Calon Cymru Fostering is one of the leading independent fostering agencies in South and West Wales. We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, and provide safe, secure placements.
Current Job Vacancies:
Supervising Social Worker | Cardiff
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and skilled social worker to work with both specialist and mainstream placements. To manage a caseload of up to 12 carers (FTE), and work within a dedicated team to improve the outcomes and lives of looked after children.
- Being involved in the recruitment campaign for the programme foster carers.
- The recruitment, assessment and approval of foster carers.
- Supporting foster carers in the delivery of the specialist service programmes plus our mainstream placements
- Supervising foster carers in accordance with Welsh Fostering Regulations.
- Guide and support foster carers in understanding the developmental trauma needs of children, and how carers need to respond and care for the children who will present with challenging behaviours.
- Working closely with the Foster Carers, the team managers, the team and other professionals to deliver a high-quality service.
Foster Carer and Placement Support and Supervision:
- Deliver supervision, support and development opportunities to a target number of Foster Carers across the region within the agency’s established framework and required standard.
- Undertake the necessary placement management, planning and intervention to achieve and maintain an 80% occupancy rate across the Foster Carer Team.
- Ensure that children’s care and development needs are met as identified within the Care and support plan.
- Undertake direct work as necessary, coordinating the activities of Placement Support Workers/Sessional Workers/Outreach Workers and others, to further the outcomes for children and young people in placement.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local Commissioning and Social Work Teams which further the agency’s partnership arrangements. Provide to each Local Authority, regular monitoring information, including child progress reports or reports for CLA reviews
- Participate in the ‘out of office hours’ duty system providing telephone support to Foster Carers and attend the Carers home in the event of an emergency.
Foster Carer Recruitment:
- To work with the Recruitment Manager in ensuring that recruitment of foster carers meets the needs of the fostering service.
- To assist in any recruitment campaigns when requested
- To interview and assess suitable foster carers for the service.
- Undertake Form F assessments to a high quality
- To support the approval of foster carers for the service via the relevant panel.
Foster Carer Training:
- To assist in the delivery of training and support groups
- To provide or co-ordinate mandatory training to foster carers.
- To identify and provide any further training to foster carers.
- Promote open and regular communication with all internal and external customers and stakeholders to further the aims, objectives and purpose of the agency.
- Ensure all documentation is completed to the required standard and timescale, including paperless recording, IT diary and notifications.
- Maintain communication and workload planning systems, ensuring that key information is updated and communicated regularly to the appropriate individuals.
Management Information and Reporting:
- Undertake regular self-audits of record keeping and report as necessary.
- Provide regular updates, with regards to children placed and inform management of any concerns
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
Generous Annual Leave – 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
Birthday Leave – a paid day off for your birthday
Good Health Days – no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
Auto Enrolment Pension
Learning & Development Opportunities
Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
Cycle To Work Scheme
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and Inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Calon Cymru Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality.
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Form F Assessors | Carmarthenshire
Pembrokeshire | Swansea | Neath Port Talbot
We are often looking for independent assessors to work with our foster carers during the assessment process. You will need to be a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Care Wales – experience of completing Form Fs to a high standard. Generous rates offered. Requirements for the role:
- A qualified social worker
- Three years post qualification experience
- Registered for Social Care Wales
- Experience in completing Form F assessments
- Your own transport and to be willing to travel
- To pass statutory and company checks
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter to Barrie.Lewis@caloncymrufostering.co.uk
“I’ve been here for over 18 years, that says it all really! I love to work in an environment where you feel you are making a difference to a child’s life.”
Barrie, Recruitment Manager