Calon Cymru Fostering is an established foster agency, with offices in Carmarthen and Cardiff. Our dedicated team of social workers and head office staff provide the invaluable support that our foster carers need in order to provide a stable home for local vulnerable children.
Current Job Vacancies:
Deputy Operations Manager | Carmarthen
Calon Cymru is one of the leading independent agencies in South and West Wales, in terms of the number of children and young people we look after, the quality of care we provide for looked after children, and the service we offer our foster carers.
We’re frequently told that our carers choose us, and stay with us, because they feel involved in the running of our agency, and we always ensure they have a voice.
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Deputy Operations Manager, then we want to hear from you, please click apply.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
Overview of role
- Leading the social work team in the area of parent and child foster placements and being part of an enthusiastic and highly skilled Operational Management Team within Calon Cymru Fostering, based in the Carmarthen Office.
- Driving the development and delivery of the professional practice of Calon Cymru under the direction of the Operational Managers and Registered Manager.
- Developing the Parent and Child fostering service in consultation with the Operations Managers and Registered Manager.
- Providing a high-quality service to commissioning local authorities, Foster Carers and Parents and their children, working within the requirements of the Regulated Fostering Services
- Providing formal and informal supervision to Social work staff, support workers and sessional workers as required.
- Responsibility for a specialist case load of Parent and Child Placements
- Ensuring the Agency performs its statutory obligations and meets the requirements of the Care Inspectorate Wales and the Local Authority
- To join the rota of the Out of Hours Management back up; providing support and information to the social work teams Out of Hours.
- To take a lead role in the Region and working closely with the Placements Team based in Cardiff regarding carer vacancies, new placement offers and tenders.
- To take a lead role in the Region regarding the recruitment and training of sessional workers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified Social Worker
- At least 5 years post qualifying experience of fostering or working with Children Looked after.
- 3 years’ experience of assessing and supervising foster carers.
- Knowledge and experience of child protection, Safeguarding, working in the Court arena.
- Knowledge of all relevant current childcare legislation SSWB (Act) Wales 2014 as well as the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for fostering services.
- Driving Licence
- Generous Annual Leave – 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave – a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days – no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Form F Assessors | Carmarthenshire
Pembrokeshire | Swansea | Neath Port Talbot
We are often looking for independent assessors to work with our foster carers during the assessment process. You will need to be a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Care Wales – experience of completing Form Fs to a high standard. Generous rates offered. Requirements for the role:
- A qualified social worker
- Three years post qualification experience
- Registered for Social Care Wales
- Experience in completing Form F assessments
- Your own transport and to be willing to travel
- To pass statutory and company checks
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter to Barrie.Lewis@caloncymrufostering.co.uk
“I’ve been here for over 18 years, that says it all really! I love to work in an environment where you feel you are making a difference to a child’s life.”
Barrie, Recruitment Manager