Foster care in Merthyr Tydfil
Are you thinking of fostering a child or a young person in Merthyr Tydfil?
Are you based in the Merthyr Tydfil area and looking to foster children, or interested in finding out what’s involved in becoming a Foster Carer? Well look no further, Calon Cymru Fostering is looking for Foster Carers in Merthyr Tydfil and the surrounding areas. Calon Cymru Fostering has a well established and long-standing team that is committed to providing stable and nurturing homes to children and young people. We are looking for all types of Foster Carers to offer a variety of placements in:
What do we provide?
- Specialist training to carers
- A quality service from a long-standing staff group
- A passion for improving the lives of children who are looked after, Calon Cymru is run by Social Workers
- Foster carer development – we provide the opportunity to become a specialist Foster Carer and work within one of our specialisms
- Local office with friendly staff who are focused on achieving the best possible outcomes for children and young people
We understand the support Foster Carers require, so we treat all carers as part of our professional, dedicated team, and we’re there to support the local authorities.
Can I Foster?
All that you need to become a Foster Carer, on a practical level, is at least one spare bedroom. On an emotional level, your ability to care for and nurture a child is what matters most. We’re not concerned about your age, income, sexual orientation, or marital status. To qualify for fostering a child in Merthyr Tydfil, you can be single, cohabiting or married, LGBTQ+, and be a homeowner or tenant.
By joining the Calon Cymru Fostering team you will receive all the professional guidance and training you need, from our friendly and supportive staff. We treat all of our carers as individuals and strive to bring out the best in you through our exceptional levels of support.
In return, you will be very fairly rewarded for your time and effort, and you will be directly involved in improving the lives of the children or young people in your care. You will be classed as self-employed so you will pay very little tax or NI.