Foster care in Neath Port Talbot
Are you thinking of fostering a child or a young person in Neath Port Talbot?
Are you based in the Neath Port Talbot area and looking to foster children, or interested in finding out what’s involved in becoming a foster carer? Well look no further, Calon Cymru Fostering is looking for foster carers in Neath Port Talbot and the surrounding areas. Calon Cymru Fostering has a well established and long standing team who are committed to providing stable and nurturing homes to children and young people. We are looking for all types of foster carers:
- Short-term foster care, providing a stop gap until more a permanent home can be found
- Long term foster care, providing a stable family home environment for nurturing children into confident happy individuals.
- Fostering Siblings, Parent and Child fostering, Emergency care and more
What do we provide?
- Specialist training provided to carers
- Long standing staff group providing a quality service
- We’re owned by social workers, who are passionate about improving the lives of looked after children, this influences how we are run
- Foster carer development – we provide the opportunity to become a specialist foster carer and work within one of our specialisms
- Local office with friendly staff who are focused on achieving the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
We understand the support foster carers require, so we treat all foster carers as part of our professional, dedicated team, and we’re there to support the local authorities.
Can I Foster?
All that you need to become a foster carer, on a practical level, is at least one spare bedroom. On an emotional level, your ability to care for and nurture a child is what matters most. We’re not concerned about your age, income or marital status. To qualify for fostering a child in Neath Port Talbot, you can be single, cohabiting or married, and be a homeowner or tenant.
By joining the Calon Cymru Fostering team you will receive all the professional guidance and training you need, from your local friendly and supportive team. We treat all of our carers as individuals and strive to bring out the best in your through our exceptional levels of support.
In return, you will be very fairly compensated for your time and effort, and you will be directly involved in improving the lives of the children or young people in your care. You will be classed as self-employed so will pay very little tax or NI.