What is Care+?
Care+ is a therapeutic service aimed at directly supporting children and young people who have experienced early neglect and trauma.
The Care+ service provides specific care to young people whilst giving you the support package you need, structured to meet the individual needs of the young children. This service focuses on developing regulation and resilience for children and young people and is both attachment-based and trauma-informed.
Our Foster Carers will be working with a professional team to create a therapeutic environment. This is based on nurturing and non-shaming care resulting in placements which are not only stable but thriving.
What are the benefits of Care+?
Foster Carers can benefit the following from the Care+ package:
- Monthly clinical support for the Foster Carer with a qualified clinician
- Fortnightly formal supervision with carers
- Contact with Supervising Social Worker between supervision
- Professional practice meetings as required to ensure all those involved with the child or young person work in partnership including the Local Authority Social Worker and education provider
- A monthly written report by the Supervising Social Worker
- 24/7 out of hours support provided by an experienced staff group
- A dedicated Sessional Support Worker for the child or young person
- Ongoing professional development of Foster Carers via our tailored Learning and Development Programme
- Access to specialist support groups
You will not be alone when fostering with Calon Cymru Fostering, our dedicated team in South and West Wales, you will receive ongoing training and 24/7 support throughout your fostering journey.
If you want any further information, or think you could help a family to stay together, speak to our friendly team on 029 2081 1173 or enquire today.